Sometimes, you just want quick results. You might have a great offer that expires at the end of the month or you might want to test a new page on your website. You can either wait for people to find out or place ads so that visitors will come and see your offer.
In the digital world, you only have to pay for each visitor rather than say an ad in the newspaper where you pay regardless of whether anyone shows any interest. Paying per visit is called "Pay Per Click".
Pay per click advertising enables very specific targetting. You can set your ads so that they only appear when a user is searching for a particular word or phrase. Each time a person clicks on the ad, they are sent to the advertiser’s website, and the advertiser is charged for that “click”.
You have complete control over how much you spend by setting a daily budget. This enables you to measure the number of sales per visitor and accurately predict the cost of each sale or lead.
Pay per click advertising can be a VERY profitable way to increase sales and leads and should be part of every business owners’ Internet advertising campaign.
Unfortunately, managing even a small pay per click campaign can be complex and requires very specialized knowledge and experience. There are several problems that the novice advertiser runs into.
Understanding Google’s rules and tips and tricks
Google has lots of unwritten rules for how campaigns should be set up and run. These rules have a direct impact on how much you’ll pay for the advertising. These rules include:
- Keyword grouping
- Quality score
- Ad relevancy
- Click through rate management
- Bid pricing
- Keyword research – Most companies have anywhere from 10 to 50 keywords and should really be bidding on 1,000-3,000. The right tools and strategies can make a big difference in your campaign.
- Ad testing – If you’re not split testing, you’re most likely getting only 1⁄2 the visitors to your site than you should be.
- Conversion tracking – Most business owners don’t know how to track whether a pound spent on advertising generated any sales. Obviously, without this information, you’re flying blind.
Tools – Having the right tools in the market to help create and manage pay per click
campaigns is critical.
- Targeted sales pages – Sending all your visitors to a generic home page isn’t nearly as effective as sending them to a targeted page that tells them exactly how you can solve their particular problem.
We will create a solution for you that optimizes each and every one of these issues. See how we can make a difference for your business by calling 0845 838 7063 today or sign up for our free white paper "Adwords Survival Tips" below: